With a deep well of expertise at our disposal, Abrahams LLP equips entrepreneurs in a complex and challenging business world.
Partners Garth Dingwall, Brett Roane and Mujir Muneeruddin
Abrahams LLP is a law firm with expertise in all phases of the business life cycle. By tapping efficiencies brought by modern technology and staffing a diverse group of professionals, we are able to offer a broad base of first-rate legal services.
Abrahams counts among its clients ultra high-net-worth entrepreneurs and investors, many of whom are based in Ontario or the MENAP region, as well as owner-operators and small to mid-sized public and private Canadian companies. More than great legal minds, our entrepreneurial lawyers excel at identifying synergies between clients, often facilitating the generation of opportunities for both sources and users of capital alike.
Importantly, we recognize that no two clients or endeavours are ever the same. As a result, we provide quality legal services customized to the unique profile of each client and transaction. Fortunately, our firm structure gives us the flexibility to do just that.
Abrahams’ founding lawyers began primarily with larger urban Canadian law firms, but ultimately opted to establish a firm focused on providing entrepreneurs with bespoke, creative and innovative services within a more comfortable and flexible structure. Those tenets continue to form the basis of our firm’s model today.
With offices located in downtown Toronto and a global rolodex of contacts, Abrahams is in a unique position to serve clients in all of their business ventures.
Helping clients understand the commercial, social and political dynamics of modern-day business.
Transactions We Have Worked On
• Acted for the target in the qualifying transaction of a capital pool company listed on the TSX-V.
• Acted in setting up a limited partnership investment vehicle with domestic and international investors.
• Advised on and completed a tax-driven, complex corporate reorganization including multiple estate freezes, rollovers and amalgamations, in preparation for the sale of a family-owned and operated technology company.
• Acted for PT Health Solutions Inc. (one of Canada’s largest physiotherapy chains) in its plan of arrangement M&A transaction with Quindell Plc (QPP.L) and its wholly-owned Canadian subsidiary.
• Acted for Waterloo Heights Properties Ltd. in its successful insider (takeover) bid for BW Park Place, a publicly-distributed limited partnership in the real estate space.
• Advised underwriters in connection with the sponsorship (for listing on the TSX-V) of an offshore hospitality & services company with operations in multiple jurisdictions.
Have a project? We listen, collaborate and take action.